Workplace safety is one of the prime concerns and employers prefer employees who are trained in first aid. There are many private and community organizations offering first aid training and CPR/AED certification.
Today, there is an upsurge in the number of organizations preferring employees who have up to date certifications in first aid. Properly trained staffs are in great demand in businesses, schools and common facilities like gyms that use AED or Automated External Defibrillation machines. This increased first aid medical training for emergencies benefits both applicants and employers in many ways.
Here are benefits of first aid training and CPR for job applicants and employers.
1. Taking a first aid course assures you of lowered insurance premiums and risks. Insurers are happy with those who are prepared for the worst scenario. By taking first aid course that reduces your risk, you are in a better position to negotiate rates with the insurance companies.
2. Employers who have staffs trained in CPR and first aid are eligible for significant corporate insurance premium discounts.
3. Work place safety is of paramount importance. Employers who employ staffs trained in first aid can be assured of optimum safety in their premises. HIPPA or Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act recommends first aid and CPR training for businesses to provide a healthier and safer environment that will assure you of reduced risk of litigation and enhanced morale.
4. Today’s job market is highly competitive and it is in the interest of job applicants to add as much training a possible in their resume. Unemployment levels are at a peak and first aid training and CPR/AED training will help you stand above competition. A first aid certification will certainly be a plus point with your potential employer.
5. Irrespective of whether you are a job applicant or business owner, it is recommended to learn all about first aid by completing the certification course. You never know when you will encounter emergency situations in your home or office. Your first aid skill set will make a significant difference at critical situation.
6. We hope we never have to use our emergency training skill set. However, nothing is predictable in life. The best insurance you can have to protect the health of your friends, family, business colleagues and community is to complete a first aid course.
There are many commercial institutes and community organizations offering CPR training and First Aid courses. By employing staffs who have completed this course, you can ensure that your workplace is compliant with both federal and provincial occupational safety and health legislation.
Certified instructors teach this course with the help of various effective tools such as PowerPoint presentation, DVD support, skills demonstration and practice, instructional posters, exercises, scenarios and class discussions.
A variety of training materials are used depending on the course requirements to provide training that include AED or Automated External Defibrillator trainers, mannequins for CPR, splinting materials, bandages, inhalers, auto-injector trainers, first aid kits and barrier devices.